
Activision has officially announced that it will be pulling Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile offline in the near future. This decision follows Activision’s move to stop active development with new and additional content for the game in 2025. It was suspected that the game wasn’t long for this world after Activision announced in May of last year that it would be implementing several service changes to the game. Those changes included ending the seasonal content and gameplay updates, as well as the discontinuation of social features and in-app purchases.
What seemed like it would be a smash hit on phones and tablets after Call of Duty: Mobile’s incredible success was anything but. The hugely ambitious project failed to recapture that lightning in a bottle that Activision had with the original Call of Duty Warzone, though not for lack of trying.
Unlike Call of Duty: Mobile, Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile would have cross-progression with the PC and console versions of the game. This allowed players to level up their characters, weapons, and battle passes on their mobile devices to continue progression. Activision even had a wide variety of store purchases with shared access. These would be shared across both the mobile game and its PC and console counterparts. Visuals and even controls were pretty well thought out. Alas, Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile, despite its many cool features, failed to excite the wider Call of Duty crowd who weren’t mobile-first players.
Activision will pull Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile offline on April 17
Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile is still playable at this moment, but it won’t be for too much longer. Activision has confirmed that it will be pulled offline on April 17, exactly two months from now. At that time, the game will no longer be playable. Activision says that players can still log in and engage with content up until that point, though. So, if you enjoyed and still enjoy Warzone in its mobile form, you have a couple of months of enjoyment left that you can take advantage of.
Although Warzone Mobile is being pulled, Call of Duty: Mobile will continue to be available. Activision says it looks forward to continuing to deliver meaningful seasonal content and updates to the game. Those who liked Warzone Mobile’s sprawling open map can get a similar experience in Call of Duty: Mobile’s DMZ mode, which launched late last year.
The post Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile meets its end in two months appeared first on Android Headlines.
​Â